Join us for the SWECJMC 2015 Southwest Symposium in Ft. Worth, welcomed by co-hosts Texas Christian University and Texas Wesleyan University Nov. 6-7. The conference will be held on the Texas Christian University campus.
Call for Papers:
Paper submission deadline has been extended to September 1. Faculty and graduate students are invited to submit papers on any topic related to journalism and mass communication. All scholarly methodologies are welcome. All papers will be refereed and top paper authors will be honored with special awards. The top six papers selected for presentation are eligible for publication in the Southwestern Mass Communication Journal without additional review. Research articles will be more competitive than essays..
- Paper submissions are restricted to faculty members and graduate students of academic institutions in Arizona, Arkansas, Colorado, Louisiana, New Mexico, Oklahoma, Texas and Utah.
- Papers must be presented at the symposium by the author or co-author. All paper presenters MUST pre-register. Presenters who fail to PRE-REGISTER will be removed from the program.
- Authors’ names, academic institutions, addresses, phone numbers and e-mail addresses will be entered into our online system. Please do NOT include a title page on your manuscript.
- Manuscripts must be prepared for blind review. Do NOT include any identifying marks in the document you upload for submission. Manuscripts with identifying marks will be deleted.
- Authors are strongly urged to observe the publication guidelines of the Southwestern Mass Communication Journal with regard to length. Preferred length is 1,000 to 5,000 words. However, no manuscript (including tables, graphs, figures and citations) should exceed 25 pages. Articles selected from the fall conference for the Conference Edition of the journal must be made to conform to this length requirement during final modifications before they can be published. Typically, no more than five tables will be published in a single manuscript. The journal requires adherence to APA 6th edition guidelines.
- Concurrent submission of papers to more than one conference and/or for publication is considered unprofessional. Papers submitted for consideration should not be submitted elsewhere until after the conference ends or the authors must withdraw the submission from other considerations if the paper is selected for presentation.
- Papers selected from institutions not currently members of SWECJMC may be presented; however, nonmember authors will be required to pay an additional $10 upon registration. (Encourage your institution to become a member if it is not already.)
Submit papers via online submission system located at https://easychair.org/conferences/?conf=swecjmc2015
For more information, contact Schaun Schafer 303-556-4806 or firstname.lastname@example.org (use SWECJMC in subject line).
Pedagogy Poster Session
A Poster Session for Teaching Research and Application
Poster Session Submission deadline: September 1, 2015
Submit session online (above)
Share your successful teaching innovations and pedagogy research with mass communication faculty and graduate students from SWECJMC institutions. Accepted presenters will host their display during an assigned 1-hour poster session. Posters or 3-panel display board may not exceed 3′ by 4′. Easels and tables will be provided on which to display your poster.
To facilitate refereed judging, please submit your session as a document via our online submission system above
Poster Session Proposal Document (upload as .doc, .docx, .pdf)
(In the online system, you will upload this document in the Upload Paper section. Be sure to select the “Pedagogy Poster Session” category in the Title, Abstract and Other Information prompt.)
- 100-word abstract describing the research or innovation to be presented
- Explanation of your study or application including objectives and outcomes
- DO NOT include author name(s) or identifying marks on this document.
Click here to download this document!
Dr. Shaun Schafer
Metropolitan State University of Denver