Faculty and graduate students are invited to submit papers on any topic related to journalism and mass communication. All scholarly methodologies are welcome. All papers will be refereed and top paper authors will be honored with special awards. The top six papers selected for presentation are eligible for publication in the Southwestern Mass Communication Journal without additional review.
- Paper submissions are restricted to faculty members and graduate students of academic institutions in Arizona, Arkansas, Colorado, Louisiana, New Mexico, Oklahoma, Texas and Utah.
- Papers must be presented at the symposium by the author or co-author. All paper presenters MUST pre-register. Presenters who fail to PRE-REGISTER will be removed from the program.
- Authors’ names, academic institutions, addresses, phone numbers and e-mail addresses must be included on the title page only.
- Authors are strongly urged to observe the publication guidelines of the Southwestern Mass Communication Journal with regard to length. Preferred length is 1,000 to 5,000 words. However, no manuscript (including tables, graphs, figures and citations) should exceed 25 pages. Articles selected from the fall conference for the Conference Edition of the journal must be made to conform to this length requirement during final modifications before they can be published. Typically, no more than five tables will be published in a single manuscript. The journal requires adherence to The Chicago Manual of Style guidelines.
- Concurrent submission of papers to more than one conference and/or for publication is considered unprofessional. Papers submitted for consideration should not be submitted elsewhere until after the conference ends or the authors must withdraw the submission from other considerations if the paper is selected for presentation.
- Papers selected from institutions not currently members of SWECJMC may be presented; however, nonmember authors will be required to pay an additional $10 upon registration. (Encourage your institution to become a member if it is not already.)
Please submit your paper via e-mail and include a one-page abstract. Please include your e-mail address for notification of receipt.
Dr. Kay L. Colley
Department of Communication
Texas Wesleyan University
Fort Worth, Texas 76105
For more information, call: (817) 584-4691
Send e-mail attachments and questions to: email@example.com